Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Surgical Oncology
- British Thoracic Society guidelines for the investigation and management of pulmonary nodules.Thorax. 2015; 70 (ii1-ii54)https://doi.org/10.1136/thoraxjnl-2015-207168
- National comprehensive cancer network clinical practice guidelines in oncology - non-small cell lung cancer version 3.2020 - February 11 (2020)
- Treatment of stage I and II non-small cell lung cancer: diagnosis and management of lung cancer, 3rd ed: American college of chest physicians evidence-based clinical practice guidelines.Chest. 2013; 143: e278S-e313S
- Early and locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC): ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up.Ann Oncol. 2017; 28: iv1-iv21https://doi.org/10.1093/annonc/mdx222
- Surgery without preoperative histological confirmation of lung cancer: what is the current clinical practice?.J Thorac Dis. 2021 Oct; 13 (PMID: 34795925; PMCID: PMC8575862): 5765-5775https://doi.org/10.21037/jtd-21-617
- Evaluation of individuals with pulmonary nodules: when is it lung cancer? Diagnosis and management of lung cancer, 3rd ed: American College of Chest Physicians evidence-based clinical practice guidelines.Chest. 2013; 143: e93S-e120S
- Multidisciplinary selection of pulmonary nodules for surgical resection: diagnostic results and long-term outcomes.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2020; 159 (e3): 1558-1566https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtcvs.2019.09.030
- Surgical resection of nodular ground-glass opacities without percutaneous needle aspiration or biopsy.BMC Cancer. 2014; 14: 838https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2407-14-838
- Operating on a suspicious lung mass without a preoperative tissue diagnosis: pros and cons.Eur J Cardio Thorac Surg. 2013; 44 (; discussion 237. 10.1093/ejcts/ezs671): 231-237
- Surgical resection of highly suspicious pulmonary nodules without a tissue diagnosis.Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2011; 41: 1017-1022https://doi.org/10.1093/jjco/hyr073
- Reduced lung-cancer mortality with volume CT screening in a randomized trial.N Engl J Med. 2020; 382: 503-513
Field, John K, et al., Lung cancer mortality reduction by LDCT screening: UKLS randomised trial results and international meta-analysis. .The Lancet Regional Health – Europe, Volume 10, 100179.
- Reduced lung-cancer mortality with low-dose computed tomographic screening.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 395-409
- CT screening for lung cancer brings forward early disease. The randomised Danish Lung Cancer Screening Trial: status after five annual screening rounds with low-dose CT.Thorax. 2012; 67: 296-301
- The Danish randomized lung cancer CT screening trial – overall design and results of the prevalence round.J Thorac Oncol. 2009; 4: 608-614
- Impact of video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery on benign resections for solitary pulmonary nodules.Ann Thorac Surg. 2012; 93: 266-273
- Preva- lence of benign disease in patients undergoing resection for suspected lung cancer.Ann Thorac Surg. 2006; 81: 1824-1829
- Surgical resection of highly suspicious pulmonary nodules without a tissue diagnosis.Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2011; 41: 1017-1022
Andrew E. Giles et al, Lung Resection Without Tissue Diagnosis: A Pragmatic Perspective on the Indeterminate Pulmonary Nodule, Clin Lung Cancer, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cllc.2021.02.011.
- Prospective investigation of positron emission tomography in lung nodules.J Clin Oncol. 1998; 16: 1075-1084
- Early lung cancer detection using spiral computed tomography and positron emission tomography.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2005; 171: 1378-1383
- Validation of FDG PET for differentietion of unknown pulmonary lesions.Eur J Cardio Thorac Surg. 2001; 20: 324-329
- Sensitivity of (18)F-FDG PET in evaluation of solitary pulmonary nodules.Int J Clin Exp Med. 2015 Jan 15; 8: 45-51
- False positive and false negative FDG-PET scans in various thoracic diseases.Korean J Radiol. 2006 Jan-Mar; 7: 57-69
- Risk of malignancy in pulmonary nodules: a validation study of four prediction models.Lung Cancer. 2015; 89: 27-30
- Comparison of Brock University, Mayo Clinic and Herder models for pretest probability of cancer in solid pulmonary nodules.Clin Res J. 2022 Nov; 16: 740-749
- Guidelines for management of incidental pulmonary nodules detected on CT images: from the fleischner society 2017.Radiology. 2017; 284: 228-243