- •A high preoperative CONUT score is closely associated with not only poor long-term outcomes but also a unique distant recurrence pattern in patients with resectable biliary tract cancer.
- •The preoperative CONUT score predicts the prognosis and may serve as a surrogate marker of aggressive recurrence of systemic disease.
- •Assessment of preoperative immune-nutritional status according to the CONUT score may aid in effective therapeutic decision-making for resectable biliary tract cancer.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Surgical Oncology
- Evolution of surgical treatment for perihilar cholangiocarcinoma: a single-center 34-year review of 574 consecutive resections.Ann Surg. 2013; 258: 129-140
- Biliary tract cancer treatment: results from the biliary tract cancer statistics registry in Japan.J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg. 2002; 9: 569-575
- Biliary tract cancer registry in Japan from 2008 to 2013.J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci. 2016; 23: 149-157
- Status of surgical treatment of biliary tract cancer.Dig Surg. 2007; 24: 131-136
- Anti-inflammatory response in patients with obstructive jaundice caused by biliary malignancy.J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2001; 16: 467-472
- Inflammatory response in patients with malignant obstructive jaundice.Scand J Gastroenterol. 2007; 42: 94-102
- Recent trends of gallbladder cancer in Japan: an analysis of 4,770 patients.Cancer. 2007; 110: 572-580
- Effect of postoperative early enteral nutrition on clinical outcomes and immune function of cholangiocarcinoma patients with malignant obstructive jaundice.World J Gastroenterol. 2020; 26: 7405-7415
- Effect of resection of the thoracic duct and surrounding lymph nodes on short- and long-term and nutritional outcomes after esophagectomy for esophageal cancer.Ann Surg Oncol. 2019; 26: 1893-1900
- Preoperative controlling nutritional status (CONUT) score as a predictor of long-term outcome after curative resection followed by adjuvant chemotherapy in stage II-III gastric cancer.BMC Cancer. 2018; 18: 699
- Systemic review on the controlling nutritional status (CONUT) score in patients undergoing esophagectomy for esophageal cancer.Anticancer Res. 2020; 40: 5343-5349
- Controlling nutritional status (CONUT) score as a preoperative risk assessment index for older patients with colorectal cancer.BMC Cancer. 2019; 19: 946
- CONUT: a tool for controlling nutritional status. First validation in a hospital population.Nutr Hosp. 2005; 20: 38-45
- CONUT: a tool to assess nutritional status. First application in a primary care population.Diagnosis. 2020; 8: 373-376
- The prognostic impact of controlling nutritional status (CONUT) in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma following curative hepatectomy: a retrospective single institution study.World J Surg. 2018; 42: 1085-1091
- Use of preoperative controlling nutritional status (CONUT) score as a better prognostic marker for distal cholangiocarcinoma after pancreatoduodenectomy.Surg Today. 2021; 51: 358-365
- Oncological outcomes of surgery for recurrent biliary tract cancer: who are the best candidates?.HPB. 2021; 23: 1371-1382
- Edge S.B. Byrd D.R. Compton C.C. Fritz A.G. Greene F.L. Trotti A.M. AJCC cancer staging manual. seventh ed. Springer, New York2010
- Classification of surgical complications: a new proposal with evaluation in a cohort of 6336 patients and results of a survey.Ann Surg. 2004; 240: 205-213
- Preoperative Controlling Nutritional Status (CONUT) score predicts short-term outcomes of patients with gastric cancer after laparoscopy-assisted radical gastrectomy.World J Surg Oncol. 2021; 19: 25
- Preoperative predictive factors of pancreatic fistula after pancreaticoduodenectomy: usefulness of the CONUT score.Ann Surg Treat Res. 2020; 99: 18-25
- Billirubin possesses powerful immunomodulatory activity and suppresses experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis.J Immunol. 2008; 181: 1887-1897
- Metabolic alterations in obstructive jaundice: effect of duration of jaundice and bile-duct decompression.HPB Surg. 1991; 5: 35-48
- To evaluate the correlation between the change of immune system function before and after the treatment of malignant obstructive type jaundice treated with biliary stent.Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2018; 22: 1638-1644
- Prognostic nutritional index in gastrointestinal surgery of malnourished cancer patients.Nihon Geka Gakkai Zasshi. 1984; 85: 1001-1005
- Prognostic impact of indicators of systemic inflammation and the nutritional status of patients with resected carcinoma of the ampulla of Vater: a single-center retrospective study.World J Surg. 2022; 46: 246-258
- The Controlling Nutritional Status (CONUT) Score as a prognostic factor for obstructive colorectal cancer patients received stenting as a bridge to curative surgery.Surg Today. 2021; 51: 144-152