Scientific research is permanently evolving and as a result, there is an exponential growth of published articles. The field of oncology is no exception to such phenomenon. In fact, this is one of the most productive areas of modern medicine in terms of scientific data. Oncological publications are highly diversified with original or review articles reporting epidemiological, fundamental, translational or clinical results. Notably, there are numerous studies including randomized controlled trials with rigorous evaluation of systemic therapies or innovative surgical approaches.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Surgical Oncology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Cancer statistics, 2014.CA Cancer J Clin. 2014 Jan–Feb; 64 (Epub 2014 Jan 7. Erratum in: CA Cancer J Clin. 2014 Sep–Oct; 64(5): 364. PubMed PMID: 24399786): 9-29https://doi.org/10.3322/caac.21208
- Increasing incidence of testicular cancer in the United States and Europe between 1992 and 2009.World J Urol. 2015 May; 33 (Epub 2014 Jul 17. PubMed PMID: 25030752): 623-631https://doi.org/10.1007/s00345-014-1361-y
- Epidemiology and risk factors for kidney cancer.Nat Rev Urol. 2010 May; 7 (Review. PubMed PMID: 20448658; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3012455): 245-257https://doi.org/10.1038/nrurol.2010.46
- Robotic versus laparoscopic partial nephrectomy for complex tumors: comparison of perioperative outcomes.Eur Urol. 2012 Jun; 61: 1257-1262https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eururo.2012.03.012
- Abiraterone and increased survival in metastatic prostate cancer.N Engl J Med. 2011 May 26; 364 (PMC3471149): 1995-2005
Published online: July 09, 2016
Accepted: June 22, 2016
© 2016 Elsevier Ltd, BASO ~ the Association for Cancer Surgery, and the European Society of Surgical Oncology. All rights reserved.